National PTA’s Reflections program provides opportunities for recognition and access to the arts which boost student confidence and success in the arts and in life. Each year, over 300,000 students in Pre-K through Grade 12 create original works of art in response to a student-selected theme. This 50+ year-old program helps them explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life.
The 2021-22 Reflections Theme is “I Will Change the World By…”
- Visit the National PTA Reflections Program webpage for more details.
- Students submit their completed works of art in one or all of the available arts categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts.
- Students participate in the appropriate division for their grade: Primary (Pre-K – Grade 2), Intermediate (Grades 3-5), Middle School (Grades 6-8), High School (Grades 9-12), Special Artist (All grades welcome).
- COVID-19 Changes This Year: The National PTA will accept virtual entries and typed signatures on the Student Entry Forms from our States PTAs. Schools may offer completely virtual contests, like last year, but please note that for any entries that advance to the county-level contest, hard copies of the artwork/entry forms will be required. This is because any entries advanced to the district-level contest also require hard copies.
- Contact your school’s Reflections lead for information about submitting student entries, including the entry form and deadline for submission.
- Contact email@example.com with any questions.
2020-2021 Reflections Theme “I Matter Because…”
May 2021 – National PTA Reflections Awards Announced
April 2021 – Virginia State PTA Reflections Awards Announced – special congratulations to Meijin Patil (photography – Outstanding Interpretation), Elizabeth Pazdalski (dance choreography – Award of Excellence), and Nadia Lach Hab (literature – Award of Excellence)
March 2021 – Nova District PTA Reflections Awards Announced – special congratulations to Elizabeth Pazdalski (dance choreography, special artist), Alexander Kerr (literature, intermediate), Nadia Lach Hab (literature, middle school), Anna Brodsky (photography, middle school), and Meijin Patil (photography, high school).
January 2021 – The Arlington County Reflections Virtual Awards Ceremony can be viewed here.
2019-2020 Reflections Theme “Look Within”
April 2020 – National PTA Reflections Awards Announced – special congratulations to Theo Whiteman (film – Award of Merit).
March 2020 – Virginia State PTA Reflections Awards Announced – special congratulations to Natalia Thornton (dance – Outstanding Interpretation), Mihika Sinha (dance – Award of Merit), Grace Fettig (dance – Award of Merit), Theo Whiteman (film – Outstanding Interpretation), and Tatiana Fedoseeva (visual arts – Award of Excellence).
February 2020 – NOVA District PTA Winners Announced
January 21, 2020 Arlington County Award Ceremony – photos from ceremony, YouTube video, Vimeo video (downloadable)
December 2019 – Arlington County Winners Announced
2018-2019 Reflections Theme “Heroes Around Me”
March 2019 – The State Level Results were announced and special congratulations to both Mason Mirabile (film) and Madison McBeth (music) who will be representing Arlington at the national-level Reflections contest.
February 2019 – NOVA District PTA Winners Announced!