PTA/School Community Support Efforts for Arlington Families
Help make a difference and show your support for Arlington families by contributing to the many efforts that Arlington PTAs and schools have established to support our community. Whether donating funds, gift cards, food, books, or other supplies, or volunteering your time, your generosity is very appreciated during this time!
How to Help School Support Efforts for Arlington Families (shared Google Doc)
PTA/School Community Support Efforts Flyer (PDF)
Arlington PTA/School Book Donation Drives and Distribution Sites
Complete the form by June 5 to share your current book collection/distribution efforts and interest in either setting up a site and/or collecting books for donation to those in need as well as interest in two new programs to support new book donations. We will post a centralized list once we collect input from PTAs so that schools may connect and share resources.
- Questions? Please contact the PTA/school point person listed regarding specific efforts, or Emily Vincent with any questions that CCPTA may assist with.
- Note to PTAs/Schools: Please contact Dena Porter as you have updates to your current initiatives or other changes to your community support efforts.
Thank you to Arlington PTAs, schools, and families for supporting our community!
Resources for PTAs During School Closures:
- Sample PTA Meeting and Elections Timeline (spring 2020)
- VA PTA Virtual Meetings and Email Voting (March 23, 2020)
- VA PTA Financial and Meeting Guidance (April 10, 2020)
- CCPTA Treasurer Financial Guidance (April 20, 2020)
- PTA Updates on Closure and Resources (April 2020)
- National PTA Resource Documents (May 2020)
– Distance Learning
– Food Insecurity
– Internet & Device Access
– Social-Emotional Wellbeing & Mental Health
- School Board Endorsement Caucus Information (April 2020)
- Cooperative for a Hunger Free Arlington (CHFA) Flyers
- Virginia Coalition for Immigrant Rights, “VA Coronavirus Resources for the Immigrant Community” (shared by the Superintendent’s Advisory Committee on Immigrant and Refugee Student Concerns)
- Arlington Friends of Urban Agriculture School Victory Gardens