Informational Statement for Families Regarding Privacy During Virtual Learning (September 7, 2020)
Resources for PTAs During School Closures:
- VA PTA Virtual Guidance Extended & Financial Review Guidelines (July 1, 2020)
- Sample PTA Meeting and Elections Timeline (spring 2020)
- VA PTA Virtual Meetings and Email Voting (March 23, 2020)
- VA PTA Financial and Meeting Guidance (April 10, 2020)
- CCPTA Treasurer Financial Guidance (April 20, 2020)
- PTA Updates on Closure and Resources (April 2020)
- National PTA Resource Documents (May 2020)
– Distance Learning
– Food Insecurity
– Internet & Device Access
– Social-Emotional Wellbeing & Mental Health
- School Board Endorsement Caucus Information (April 2020)
- Cooperative for a Hunger Free Arlington (CHFA) Flyers
- Virginia Coalition for Immigrant Rights, “VA Coronavirus Resources for the Immigrant Community” (shared by the Superintendent’s Advisory Committee on Immigrant and Refugee Student Concerns)
- Arlington Friends of Urban Agriculture School Victory Gardens
Statement on the Impact of Virtual Learning on PTA Members and Officer Eligibility
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, many PTAs have had questions about the potential impact of distance and home learning on PTA membership and officer eligibility. During the August 10 Meeting, Hamid Munir, Director of NOVA PTA provided some guidance on the potential impact of distance and home learning on PTA membership eligibility. Those comments are reflected in the Minutes and are summarized in the following FAQ:
“Q: Can parents of students who are virtual, temporary, or home schooled, or in private-school become members of PTA? Can they be officers?
A: Yes. VAPTA Local Unit Bylaws Article 5: Membership and Dues. Section 2. Membership in this local PTA/PTSA shall be open, without discrimination, to anyone who believes in and supports the mission and purpose of National PTA. Section 6. Only members of this local PTA/PTSA shall be eligible to vote in the business of this local PTA/PTSA or to serve in any of its elected or appointed positions.”
Information on Food and Housing Resources for Members of the Arlington Community
Linked below is a flyer (in English, Spanish, Amharic, Arabic, Vietnamese, and Mongolian) with some important information for you and your respective communities regarding food, housing and utility resources. Please help ensure it gets into the hands of those that need it the most.
Please also note that Arlington residents can call 703-228-1300 if they need immediate assistance with food, housing, or utilities.