The CCPTA is currently working on the following efforts:
Mental Health Support Advocacy – ONGOING
– Arlington’s Partnership for Children Youth and Families (APCYF) has a new Youth Mental Health & Wellness Resource Guide
– Nadine Burke Harris’s TEDTalk from TEDMED 2014 “How childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime”
– Arlington’s “Building Healing Communities: Conversations on Mental Health, Resilience and Equity”
Inclusion and Representation in PTA Membership and Leadership – ONGOING
– A presentation and discussion took place at our November 16, 2020 and January 11, 2021 meetings. More discussion will take place in topic-specific meetings in the spring.
– Resources for identifying and addressing gaps in inclusion and representation are linked with our November meeting minutes.
– These conversations and our work on these goals is ongoing.