The CCPTA is currently working on the following efforts:
Spring CCPTA Book Donation Drive
Please help us to spread the word about our Spring CCPTA Book Donation Drive for Arlington Students. The CCPTA Partnerships Committee is teaming up with community volunteers to collect PreK-5th grade elementary school books in new or excellent used condition between March 1st-19th to distribute to Arlington students before spring break. See the flyer for details, including nine drop-off locations across Arlington, and we’d love books in Spanish or Arabic as well. Thank you for your support!
Below are a flyer and social media file to share with your school communities, and please contact Dena Porter with any questions.
ES Boundary Process + Overall Boundary Recommendations
– The CCPTA submitted questions to APS on November 2 and received this response on November 13.
– The Superintendent’s revisions to the plan should be available by November 25. The School Board Public Hearing on the proposed boundaries is on December 1 and the School Board takes action on December 3.
– The CCPTA is working on overall boundary recommendations to follow on the April 2019 recommendations. If you would like to be involved in this process, please let us know! Voting on adopting our recommendations will take place at our March 15 meeting.
– The CCPTA is collecting feedback and suggestions to share with APS during the budget process.
– The final adopted budget will be approved in early May 2021.
Inclusion and Representation in PTA Membership and Leadership
– A presentation and discussion took place at our November 16, 2020 and January 11, 2021 meetings. More discussion will take place in topic-specific meetings in the spring.
– Resources for identifying and addressing gaps in inclusion and representation are linked with our November meeting minutes.
– These conversations and our work on these goals is ongoing.