The CCPTA is currently working on the following efforts:
Happening now through December 4!
The Arlington County Council of PTAs (CCPTA) is partnering with FreshFarm
to provide fresh food to seven school-based distribution sites
serving approximately 900 families before the winter holiday break.
ES Boundary Process + Overall Boundary Recommendations
– The CCPTA submitted questions to APS on November 2 and received this response on November 13.
– The Superintendent’s revisions to the plan should be available by November 25. The School Board Public Hearing on the proposed boundaries is on December 1 and the School Board takes action on December 3.
– The CCPTA is working on overall boundary recommendations to follow on the April 2019 recommendations. If you would like to be involved in this process, please let us know!
DRAFT Resolution in Recognition of Social Workers, Psychologists, and Counselors
– Please review this draft in our Teams platform in preparation for a membership vote at our December 14, 2020 meeting. If you need access to Teams, please reach out to us.
– The CCPTA is reviewing this policy in the context of virtual learning and the responsibilities placed on students (most of them minors) by this policy. Please provide feedback by December 11.
– The CCPTA is collecting feedback and suggestions to share with APS during the budget process.
– The final adopted budget will be approved in early May 2021.
Inclusion and Representation in PTA Membership and Leadership
– A presentation and discussion took place at our November 16, 2020 meeting.
– Resources for identifying and addressing gaps in inclusion and representation are linked with our November meeting minutes.
– We will follow up on this work with another discussion in Spring 2021.