The Arlington County Council of PTAs (CCPTA) is an advocate for the education and well-being of every child attending Arlington Public Schools (APS). Our volunteer membership includes representatives from each APS Parent Teacher Association (PTA) and some APS advisory groups.
- The CCPTA serves as the collective representative voice for all APS PTAs. We advocate on behalf of all APS PTAs to the Arlington School Board, Arlington County Board, and APS Superintendent and senior staff.
- We educate the leaders of our member PTAs and serve as a resource so they can be effective advocates for their respective school communities.
- We engage our member PTAs and encourage participation so that our voice is strong and representative of the county as a whole.
- We sponsor the CCPTA-PTA Collaboration Initiative (CPCI), established in 2015, which provides targeted financial grants to those Arlington public schools in need of funding to accomplish specific, limited goals not otherwise funded by county or private sources.
- We encourage individual PTAs to raise issues with potential relevance to the greater Arlington school community, so they can be discussed, amplified, and elevated to a countywide voice.
- The CCPTA is an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and is not controlled by, nor does it work for, APS or any other entity. Each APS PTA is equally as independent from its associated school and community, collaborating as a partner in advocating for the students in that school.
- The CCPTA is an affiliate of the National PTA of the United States and participates in the work of the Virginia PTA Association and its Northern Virginia district to help ensure high-quality public education for all children.
The 2019-20 meeting schedule is posted below. Our first meeting of the school year is scheduled for September 23, 2019 at Syphax Center, Room #256 from 7:00-9:00 pm. Please join us!